Hyundai threw/sponsored/powered a black carpet event for the 100th issue of The Walking Dead which was great for me because I managed to get in to cover it so standing 5.5 hrs in a record breaking line and missing The Walking Dead panel didn’t seem like a total waste of a Friday. I heard the panel wasn’t that great anyway. At least that’s what I tell myself.
Anyway, celebrities showed up whenever to walk the black carpet and go have a few drinks. These included Guillermo Diaz (Weeds), Seth Green and his wife Claire Grant, Andrew Lincoln, Norman Reedus, a girl that used to date Seth Green after he first broke up with Claire Grant, Terry Etim doing the old look at my shoes, kick you in the nuts trick, Chad Michael Murry and his Kate Bosworth-looking date, Lauren Cohan, Steven Yeun, Robb Corddry and the dudes from The Hunger Games.
Right after Sarah Callies (Lori Grimes on Wakling Dead) left, I had a fantastic idea to have her shout, “Carl, stay in the house!” at my camera. Missed it by that much.
Here are a few takeaways from the black carpet:
- Andrew Lincoln seems cool. He was around for what seemed like an hour giving interviews to whoever wanted one. Actually, most of the cast did that but he was the only one who left without even going inside.
- Sarah Callies and Lauren Cohan are much taller in person than they seem on the show.
- Lauren Cohan has a British accent even though she was born in Philly.
- Don’t expect everyone to come on time. Naturally.
- Celeb.com’s Simone Boyce is really tall.
- Never cover a red carpet without at least downing two drinks.
The event itself was pretty cool… from what I heard. I didn’t actually get to go in because I would have infected them with my normal people diseases but I hear they were serving fried squirrels.
Also, I know I suck at taking pictures. That was already proven at the panels.