Every company is hiring their own celebrity and having them represent them with a fake title. The latest one to do so is Bud Light who has just named Justin Timberlake their Creative Director for Bud Light Platinum, a Bud Light spinoff launched in 2012. Said Timberlake, ”Bud Light Platinum brings a refined, discerning aesthetic to beer that plays well with what I’m doing. I’m looking forward to not only being a part of the creative process, but in bringing other talented musicians to the forefront as well.”
It’s unclear if he said that with a straight face. The reviews for BLP are terrible. A few excerpts from BeerAdvocate where it’s sitting at a 55/60 (poor/poor):
- The aftertaste is unpleasant. Not one I particularly care for, I’d avoid this one.
- Overall, sweeter than anticipated- didn’t expect much, didn’t get much.
- poured from a 12oz bottle to a frosty iced pint glass. It left about a 4″ head that I had to scoop out to finish pouring. Kinda looks like carbonated urine.
- this is a terrible beer, it’s not balanced at all. The only reason I grabbed it is because the gas station didn’t have any good beer and figured I’d give it a shot…
- About what you would expect from a higher gravity Bud Light. It’s drinkable, but I’d rather have a Steel Reserve.
- What can I say, its a glorified Bud Light with a slightly higher alc content. Cool if you plan on playing beer pong or kings and a high school party. This beers a joke.
Justin will be promoting the beer in a 60 second ad spot at the upcoming Grammys where he’ll also be performing live. Hopefully he’ll also be forced to drink BLP in front of everyone. It’s only fair.