This weekend at the box office, Cars took the top spot with $62.8 million. Not a bad opening, but not that great either, especially when you compare it to other Pixar films of the past. They made near the same amount as Monsters Inc. did in 2001, but also back then tickets weren’t $10. The Break-Up took #2 with a 48% drop, which would mean even Vince Vaughn couldn’t save it. X-Men: The Last Stand dropped 54% to be #3. I’m not at all suprised since this would be Brett Ratner’s rape of a franchise. A Prairie Home Companion took in $4.7 million despite opening in only 760 theatres bringing it into the top 10 at #7.
I know you people don’t get out much, so here are some other tidbits for you.
- The trailer for Fearless, Jet Li’s last martial arts movie. Another older Fearless trailer from Rogue.
- Set pics and a video taken in New York of Spider-Man 3.
- Sir Paul McCartney’s wife Heather was in a German porn book before she lost her leg. Some pictures of Heather McCartney from the book.
- Shiloh was the name of Vince Vaughn’s imaginary friend in Wedding Crashers.
- Paris Hilton is still an idiot hitting other people’s cars and driving away.