University Student Severely Burned While Eating in a Chinese Restaurant

Imagine this. Here you are on just another regular day grilling some meat with your friend at a bbq buffet when you call over the waitress to refill your stove. All of a sudden you see a fireball screaming towards your face and now you’re on fire rolling on the ground wondering why no one was getting a fire extinguisher, which was behind the counter in this case.

That’s what happened to this university student. According to reports, she’s in the hospital with 3rd degree burns over 80% of her body. A waitress, who’d been on the job for only a month and was working alone for the first time, was refilling a stove with fuel alcohol when it ignited and turned the bottle of fuel into a flamethrower which shot hot fire straight onto the woman.

She’s currently conscious and in stable condition, but doctors are worried about using the 20% healthy skin she has left for grafting. The hospital is asking for Type A blood while the family is hoping to raise funds for her operations.

As of posting, the waitress is still running in fear through the streets of China still not trying to find a fire extinguisher.

Partner highlights
Notify of

Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Load more