ESC

Fart During Surgery Causes Fire in Hospital, Everyone Tries Not to Laugh at Burn Victim

In Tokyo, a patient farted during surgery and caused a major fire injuring the patient and causing damage to the room. This isn’t some weird Japanese porn, it actually happened.

Though the incident took place in April, it took months to investigate how this could have happened. There were no flammable materials in the operating room and no frat boys with lighters daring the patient to light her farts.

The investigation reported that the patient was having a surgery that involved a laser and “When the patient’s intestinal gas leaked into the space of the operation [room], it ignited with the irradiation of the laser, and the burning spread, eventually reaching the surgical drape and causing the fire.”

All the equipment was working properly, so apparently this could happen any time you have Chipotle before laser surgery.

Take heed from this Japanese tale and limit your intake of beans and cruciferous vegetables, lest you suffer the same fate of a fart joke gone awry.

Leave a Reply

avatar
  Subscribe  
Notify of
Latest
Load more