ESC

NBC Finally Confirms Jay Leno Departure

News already hit a while back that Jimmy Fallon would replace Jay Leno as the host of The Tonight Show but nothing was official until today when NBC issued a press release.

Jay Leno, longtime host of NBC’s “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno,” announced today that he will wrap up what will be 22 years of headlining the iconic late-night show in Spring 2014.  NBC also announced today that Jimmy Fallon, now host of NBC’s “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon,” will transition into new hosting duties on “The Tonight Show” franchise after Leno concludes his successful run.

As part of the transition, “The Tonight Show” will be returning to its original home in 30 Rock in New York and will be executive-produced by Emmy Award winner Lorne Michaels (“Saturday Night Live,” “30 Rock”). Programming plans for the 12:35 a.m. (ET) time period currently are in development and will be announced soon. Said Leno: “Congratulations Jimmy.  I hope you’re as lucky as me and hold on to the job until you’re the old guy. If you need me, I’ll be at the garage.”

Said Fallon: “I’m really excited to host a show that starts today instead of tomorrow.”

The release noted that Jay Leno had been hosting the show since 1992 and made no mention of the fact Conan O’Brien, his first replacement, was pushed out. So once again, Conan O’Brien gets shafted. NBC probably just pretends he doesn’t exist. Sort of like Megan Fox does to me even though I know she’s seen those severed doll heads I’ve sent her.

Leave a Reply

avatar
  Subscribe  
Notify of
Latest
Load more