Prince Probably Died Quick, Had ‘Exceedingly High’ Amount of Fentanyl in Him When He Overdosed

The second anniversary of Prince’s death comes next month on April 21. Hopefully, you’ll sing “When Doves Cry” in his memory. Try not to think of his horrible overdose since he probably had more fentanyl than blood in his system when he died.

A new toxicology report says when Prince died in 2016, he was soooo LIT!

According to the AP, the concentration of fentanyl in Prince’s blood was 67.8 micrograms per liter. The report notes people have died from as little as 3 micrograms per liter, and as high as 58.

Rock star deaths. For real.

The toxicology also reportedly shows Prince’s liver had a concentration of 450 micrograms per kilogram — while also noting that levels beyond 69 micrograms per kilogram often signal overdose or fatal toxicity cases. Experts cited in the report also say there were potentially lethal amounts of fetanyl in Prince’s stomach, and that he likely took the drug orally.

Fatal toxicity sounds like a cool Prince song. Except he’s dead.

This guy wrote “Little Red Corvette,” “Purple Rain,” “When Doves Cry” and so many good songs. Now imagine this icon in the last few seconds of his overdose:

…the person’s lips immediately turned blue, followed by gurgling sounds with breathing (16 percent of the cases), stiffening of the body or seizure-like activity (13 percent), foaming at the mouth (6 percent) and confusion or strange behavior before the person became unresponsive (6 percent)..

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention interviewed over 60 people who lived through a fentanyl overdose; that’s how they described characteristics of their overdoses.

Prince probably died frothing at the mouth and seizing up. He likely didn’t have any last words, but probably would’ve said something along the lines of, “Oh no, this can’t be good.”

Notify of

Inline Feedbacks
View all comments