Amy Winehouse Drank Herself to Death

At the time of her death, Mitch Winehouse said his daughter Amy Winehouse died of alcohol withdrawal. Well, he was half right. About the alcohol part.

The coroner says Amy Winehouse died of alcohol poisoning. They say she had 416mg of alcohol per 100ml of blood. I know what you’re saying. “I”m no alkyhal doctor. Give it to me straight.” Okay, let’s put it this way. 80mg (.08) is the legal driving limit while 350mg (.35)  is the level associated with death. Amy had 416mg or, rather, she would have blown a .416. Side effects include coma and possible death due to respiratory arrest.

According to the report, three empty vodka bottles were found in her room. Two large and one small. Wait. Define large. Are we talking about 750mL or are we talking 1750mL? Because if she polished off two handles and a fifth of vodka, that would be impressive. Stupid, but impressive.

Consequently, the coroner ruled it as “death by misadventure.” Which makes it sound a lot less worse than it really is. It makes it seem like Amy was off in the woods hunting fairies or something instead of being holed up in her room drinking herself to death.

Notify of

Inline Feedbacks
View all comments