Just a quick rundown to catch up the one person who hasn’t been reading the news.
- Christopher Jordan Dorner, 33, was brought up before a tribunal in 2009 for allegedly making false statements about his training officer kicking a suspect back in 2007.
- Richard Gettler, the schizophrenic man’s father, gave testimony that supported Dorner’s claim.
- The LAPD determined Dorner was lying and fired him.
- On Thursday, Dorner became the subject of a manhunt in connection with a double murder in Irvine and shootings of three police officers.
- The couple included Monica Quan, daughter of Randy Quan, the retired LAPD captain involved in the review process that led to Dorner’s dismissal. Dorner claimed Quan did not fairly represent him. The man killed was her fiance.
- A manifesto written by Dorner was discovered on Facebook explaining his actions.
- Dorner alluded to the murders writing, “I know most of you who personally know me are in disbelief to hear from media reports that I am suspected of committing such horrendous murders and have taken drastic and shocking actions in the last couple of days.” He went on, “Unfotunately, this is a necessary evil that I do not enjoy but must partake and complete for substantial change to occur within the LAPD and reclaim my name.” Wrote Dorner, ”This is my last resort. The LAPD has suppressed the truth and it has now led to deadly consequences.”
- A manhunt for Dorner began. He was suspected of driving a Grey or Blue Nissan Titan.
- Police begin shooting up trucks thinking it’s Dorner.
- Two elderly Asian women delivering newspapers were shot. One in the hand, the other in the back. Police described it as a “case of mistaken identity.”
- Police in Torrance also shot at another pickup matching the description of Dorner’s vehicle. No one was injured.
- Dorner’s truck was found on fire and abandoned near Big Bear Lake.
Outlets were reporting that if you are in LA to obey all traffic signs. Because LAPD might open fire on you. But don’t get this twisted. Despite these reports, the LAPD is full of sane individuals who would definitely not kick a suspect. Or open fire on two Asian ladies driving a Toyota pickup which is not a Nissan pickup. Except in this case. Extenuating circumstances and all that.
If you want more info, CNN has a pretty good timeline.